If snowsports interests you, then it is important for you to have all the right gear necessary to keep you safe while you are doing this. As such, we have reviewed some of the best heated socks for snowsports to help ensure you get exactly what you need.
How To Choose The Best Heated Socks For Snowsports
When you are looking for the best heated socks to buy for your snowsport adventures, you need to know exactly how to choose the product. You will need to buy based on your individual requirements. The first thing that you are going to need to consider is exactly what you want from these socks.
Keeping your feet warm is the number one priority. This is why you are going to need to look for high-quality material instead of something that is flimsy. Protecting your feet while you are enjoying yourself is the most important task. You need to search for a product that can do this. You might be thinking, ‘aren’t they all going to do this?’ But, many products on the market will surprise you right now. This is because they don’t do exactly what they say on the tin.
You are going to be able to choose whether you want something that is on the cheaper side. You can also want to have something that is more hi-tech. For example, You may want to have something that you can adjust with a remote control while you are wearing the socks. You need to keep this in mind when searching for the products available.
Or, you may be more focused on having something that will soak up the sweat while you are shredding on the slopes. It doesn’t matter what you need from these heated socks. The important thing is that you know what you want before you start your search.
Some of the considerations that you need to think about are whether you want socks that are lightweight or heavy. Do you want any specific material for the socks, and if so, which is going to be best for what you have in mind?
Why Do You Need Heated Socks?
As someone who takes interest in snowsports, you will know all about what it’s like to have cold, wet feet while you are trying to enjoy yourself. It can take the fun out of the activity. It will leave you wanting to go home rather than continuing in your chosen activity. Heated socks will combat this problem. It will keep your feet toasty warm, in order to give you the best experience possible.
It doesn’t matter how cold it is, you are always going to work up a sweat when you are giving the snowsport all that you have. For this reason, you are going to need something to keep your feet warm. You need something to help avoid you from freezing your toes off. Heated socks will help to absorb the sweat. It will allow the moisture to escape so that you don’t end up with a horrible feeling in your boots!
Precautions That You Need To Consider
While heated socks are going to be excellent for snowsports, we do need to warn you about using them. You don’t want to be in a situation where the battery in your sock overheats. You will leave with the socks broken, and it will not be able to keep your feet warm. But, we need you to be aware that if something does go wrong with your heated socks, it could be hazardous to you. For this reason, it is imperative that you are checking your socks for any issues. Read the instructions carefully before you put them on.
Many products on the market right now use extremely low voltages. This is to ensure maximum safety to the wearer, but this doesn’t mean that you don’t need to be careful.
Do not try to charge your battery with any charger other than the one provided by the manufacturer. If you do this and the product that you have purchased contains a lithium-ion battery, then it could melt. There could also be a fire hazard, causing a variety of issues.
How To Use Heated Socks Safely
The most important thing that you can do if you want to make sure that you are being safe is to read the instructions. The manufacturer provides these instructions. Here, you will find all the information that you need to reduce any kind of risk associated with the product. The instructions and information leaflets provided to the consumer are for a reason. We would strongly urge you to read through this carefully before you charge or put heated socks anywhere near your feet.
My rating –
- This product works extremely well. The battery life outlasts many others on the market. You can have toasty feet for a long period, ensuring the best experience for hours.
- These foot warmers do take between 15 minutes and 30 minutes to activate. So if you need your feet to warm up quickly, this might not be the best product for you.
- The heat that you receive will depend on the amount of oxygen that gets to the pads. So you need to be wearing breathable footwear to get the full benefits.
- One of the biggest issues with this product is that they are rather small. This makes it difficult for those who have bigger feet to reap the full benefits of this product.
- The heat can be very intense. You should wear thick socks and put these on the bottom. This way you won’t experience any uncomfortable burning sensations.
- Some have found that the heat from this product can become unbearable. So do be careful and test them out before you hit the slopes.
SVPRO Rechargeable Electric Heated Socks Battery Powered Comfortable Thermo-Socks, Cold Weather Thermal Socks Sport Outdoor Camping Hiking Warm Winter Socks for Men Women
My rating –
- The battery life for this product is good. If you run it on low, they could easily last around five hours, giving you plenty of time to enjoy your snowsports.
- Instructions provided with these socks are not necessarily the best. They are, in fact, quite confusing. However, the product itself is pretty simple to figure out.
- There is no way to know when these socks are fully charged as there is just a constant red light when left plugged in. To be on the safe side, we would recommend that you charge them overnight. This will ensure they get the amount of charge that they need.
- The different settings available allow you to tailor the amount of heat that you need. Where low will be more than enough heat for some, others might need to use the higher setting. It all depends on personal preference.
- The heat is largely concentrated in one area, often missing out on the soles or the toes. As such, if you do have larger feet, you might want to consider purchasing the biggest size available.
GLOBAL VASION Heated Socks Winter Electric Rechargeable 3 Heating Settings Thermal Sock for Men and Women
My rating –
- The heat distribution is fairly even. This means that you aren’t going to have to worry about having freezing toes and a toasty warm sole!
- The product is not washable. We recommend that you wear a thinner pair of socks underneath to avoid any bad smells.
- You will notice that they take a while to heat up. If you are looking for a fast warming sock to use, this is not going to be the product for you.
- Some people have reported issues with the socks not working correctly. They had the feeling that their feet are going numb from the cold even when they had them in the highest setting.
- The battery life is not great. As such, if you are planning on being out in the snow for hours, then these are probably not going to be the best option.
- The recharge period on the batteries is longer than advertised. It does take between 6 to 8 hours depending on the depletion of the batteries.
- You will find a heated section at the toes of the sock, making for an overall warm foot. Some other products don’t have this. You will experience part of their foot is warm, while the other part is freezing!
Autocastle Men WomenRechargeable Electric Heated Socks Battery Heat Thermal Sox, Sports Outdoor Winter Novelty Warm Heating Sock, Climbing Hiking Skiing Foot Boot Heater Warmer
My rating –
- The controls are rather difficult to access. You have to try and do this through four layers of insulation. However, this is not an impossible task. You can manage it, even though it might take a little while to get used to it.
- On the lowest setting, you can expect around 6 hours of warm feet. This number will decrease depending on the heat level that you have chosen.
- Excellent sizing. A common problem with heated socks is that they are too small. They don’t fit around the foot with other snowsport gear, but this isn’t an issue at all.
- While the heating works well, they are not made from the best material. They are a simple cotton sock, but they do the job if you are looking for something simple.
- The lowest setting can keep your feet warm in 5-degree weather. So you might have to ramp it up for your snowsport use, keeping in mind that this will drain the battery faster.
- It is difficult to see what settings you have these socks on. This is because the light is not easily visible, and neither are the words.
My rating –
- The cold doesn’t even have a chance to get through these socks! They are very durable and will keep your feet toasty and warm in even the coldest temperatures.
- These socks do run a little large, and the fit isn’t great even when they are on your feet. Some have experienced the sensation that they are falling off.
- If you are looking for a pair of heated socks that are going to be snug around your foot or leg, then this is not going to be the product that you are looking for.
- The battery life is good. It runs for a couple of hours before needing recharging when used on the lowest setting.
- Heat distribution is good. It makes sure that the entire foot stays warm rather than just one part and everything else is cold!
- These socks are comfortable and soft. So you are not going to have to compromise on comfort to keep your feet warm and protected.
- Excellent quality for the price.
The clear winner of the heated socks for snowsports are the DEBRA WEITZNER Mens Thermal Socks – Insulated Heated Socks – Boot Socks For Extreme Temperatures. The battery life is good, even if it is roughly the same as some of the other products that we reviewed above. However, what makes this product stand out against the rest is that the quality of the sock is excellent for the price that it is being offered.
We said further up in this article that you need to know what you want from heated socks before you buy them, and this product delivers on it all. You get a nice warm foot over all areas rather than just your toes, just your sole or just your heel. Other products cannot provide this for you.
They are also extremely comfortable. They are not going to hinder you when you step out into the snow for a day of excitement. It is difficult to find heated socks that are both practical and comfortable, but this product delivers both of these things. This is why it is the one that we would recommend over all the others available on the market right now!